This page will include the latest news and information.
- Mystery of 100-year-old scrapbook solved: How an Ore. sheriff's office returned a family keepsake May 29, 2023Found in the evidence room without a case number, Sgt. Adam Slater created a Facebook post that led to the scrapbook being returned
- Suspected thieves accidentally butt-dial 911 while robbing N.C. store May 29, 2023Dispatchers originally thought the caller was in distress, but realized two people were talking about which items were best to steal
- Pittsburgh's public safety, public works vehicle fleets in 'dire straits' May 28, 2023"We're duct-taping and bubble-gumming things together," public safety director Lee Schmidt said
- Moove over! Mich. State Police's dashcam captures moment cow is captured on freeway May 28, 2023“Eventually, after much tom foolery, the critter was captured and removed from the freeway,” state police said
- Video: Calif. police officer captures spooked horse, rides it back to owner May 27, 2023The horse was found grazing on some grass; officer Nicholas Moreno got in the saddle and rode the horse back to its owner
- TikTok, other social media trends put 'performance crimes' into the spotlight May 27, 2023The sharp uptick has been linked to viral videos that teach people how to start cars with USB cables
- Ind. jail deputies find scissors inside arrested man during body scan May 27, 2023During a second scan, the assistant jail commander noticed the object in the arrestee had moved
- Research: Startle response and firearm draws May 26, 2023Recent findings provide empirical evidence that motor movements, like the firearm draw performance, can be initiated before the startle response is completed
- On-demand webinar: Using human performance science to inform police training and improve officer decision-making May 26, 2023A deeper dive into how police trainers can integrate human factor science into police training
- Sheriff: N.C. sheriff's office longest-serving K-9 accidentally shot, killed by officer May 26, 2023"The involved officer is very distraught. We extended our sincerest apologies and deepest sympathies," Knightdale PD said
- High housing costs force Calif. officers with long commutes to sleep in barracks May 26, 2023An old fire station was converted into a police substation in acknowledgment that officers cannot afford to live in the area
- Watch: Fla. law enforcement officials condemn violence against police officers May 26, 2023"We recognize the dangers that are involved, but you don’t go in expecting someone to try to beat you to death," Sheriff T.K. Waters said
- What works in retaining and recruiting top-shelf officers May 26, 2023This Minnesota PD is upping its recruitment game by bringing attention to what it does best
- ‘Fastest Rookie’ Benjamin Pedersen takes on Indianapolis PD's EVOC in pre-race day event May 26, 2023Watch the video to see how he faired and if he should stick to his day job
- Man found guilty of vehicular homicide in crash that killed Ga. officer May 26, 2023Officer Christopher Eric Ewing was remembered as 'the voice you wanted to hear when you needed help'