Below are some items that we have put together in an attempt to promote safety amongst our Chapter members. The information contained herein comes from various sources with our biggest contributor being the Blue Knights Kentucky-IX, who has a great safety website and is leading the Mason Dixon Conference in promoting safety. While a search of the Library of Congress Copyright Office has been conducted to ensure no violations of copyright laws infringement have been made, it has come to our attention that some of the material contained in this helpful site may have derived from what is believed to be copyrighted material. If there is something on this site that is under a valid copyright, please let us know so we can give the appropriate credit.
Click on the links to look at the files. If you have something you’d like to post on the site, email email@example.com
- MC Attitudes to Safety: Click the link for info regarding riders attitudes to safety.
- MC Helmet Safety: Click the link for Motorcycle Helmet Use and Head and Facial Injuries: Crash Outcomes...
- Virginia-II Group Riding Rules: Blue Knights Virginia-II Group Riding Rules (some information contained was compiled by Marc Mauss).
- Ride Like a Pro Training: Click the link for the Chapter's Training Sessions outline.
- Riding the Dragon Warning: Click the link for some interesting information on the Tail of the Dragon.
- Riders Training Info: Information on training course types (what happens in each one) along with internet riders training and safety information.
- Bike and Personal Safety: Some things you need to know about your bike and your safety.
- Motorcycle Pre-Ride Checklist: A great checklist to use before heading out on your scooter.
- Motorcycle Riding Tips Slideshow: A great slideshow by the MSF about you and your motorcycle.
- Motorcycle Equipment Chart – 2006: Motorcycle/riding requirements (by state)
- Physical and Mental Preparedness: Are your prepared both mentally and physically to ride today!
- Picking up a Bike: Instructions and illustrations on how to properly upright a bike that has somehow ended up on its side.
- Group Riding Tips: Things you need to know and consider when riding with a group.
- Hand and Arm Signals: Common hand and arm signals when riding a motorcycle.
- Sharing the Roadway: A slideshow by the MSF on Motorists and Motorcyclist in Traffic and sharing the roadway.
- Carrying a Passenger: Things you need to know about carrying a passenger.
- Tips for Two-Up Riding: More stuff on Two-Up Riding.
- Alcohol Awareness: Theory, proof, explanation and recommendations. Also, click here for the Drunk Wheel On-Line BAC/BrAc calculator.
- Fatigue and Touring: Things you need to know about fatigue and motorcycle touring.
- Motorcycling in the Rain: Things you need to know and consider when riding in the rain.
- Staying Cool: Some tips on staying cool on those hot riding days.
- Novelty Helmets Performance: A research note and summary of novelty helmet testing by the National Highway Traffic Safety Institute (NHTSA).
- One-on-One assistance instruction. Chuck Stewart has volunteered to assist any member with one-on-one instruction. He can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org